It can become very easy to overload on make-up and actually forget about the staples every women needs in her bag of tricks. Here’s my personal checklist to make sure I’ve got everything I need.
A red lipstick
The ultimate lip colour. There are different reds for everyone.
If you are:
- Very fair, go for a blue-based red or a deep wine red. I love this one from Cliniquefor a blue base. For a deeper red, check out MAC’s Viva Glam I.
- Pale or tanned, an orange-based red looks gorgeous. Try this shade from MAC.
- Olive skin tonespull off brick coloured reds like this one also from MAC.
- Medium skin tones look great with blue or orange based shades.
- Darker/caramel skin toneslook great with bright blue based or orange based.
- Deep skin tonescan pull off nearly any red lipstick, but bright colours look amazing.
You don’t need to stick to one type of red, try out a few in a shop and make a decision based on what you feel confident in! These are just a few tips if you don’t know where to start.
A brow gel
This one from Benefit has fibres in it which makes your brows look fuller, coloured and keeps them in place. An essential if you have unruly brows. You can wear gel with or without other products so it can be worn by itself just to make your brows show up, this is great if you have light hair.
The one and only Collection Lasting Perfection concealer is the best one out there and it is probably the cheapest. If you can’t find it in your shade, Bourjois have this radiance concealer, and NARS has a similar radiance concealer in a wide variety of shades. A recent favourite of mine is the revolution concealer – very high coverage!
If you’re looking for something cheap and good quality, Primark have a new beauy range which has 60p (SIXTY PENNIES) per eyeshadow pan, I love their shade ‘Burnt’, it is a matte brown/orange. You can buy the case for very cheap too from Primark. Definitely worth checking out. Morphe Brushes have beautiful eyeshadow palettes too, you can find them on BeautyBay.
The perfect way to add some definition or to do a day-to-night look. My personal favourite is from Urban Decay, because it is waterproof and it lines the water line beautifully. Check it out here. If you don’t like black eyeliner, try a brown, it looks softer and is great for an everyday look.