If you’re like me and the idea of wearing a full face of makeup every day physically exhausts you, this is the blog post for you! As a student, I am busy all the time with work, essays, nights out and other things that take up my time. I try really hard to look half decent to lectures each day (this doesn’t always happen and I have turned up in trackies before with my hair scraped back) but when I do have an extra few minutes, I like to stick on a bit of makeup to make myself feel a bit more confident.
Here are my steps for looking slightly more put together in lectures or at work:
- Light reflecting concealer (such as Collection’s lasting perfection concealer, £3.99) under the eyes in a triangle, and then a few dots on the eyelids, down the centre of the nose, on the forehead and chin. Blend this in by dabbing your finger on it until it has blended or use a beauty blender (I use a damp real techniques sponge)
- Pop a bit of light translucent powder on with a fluffy brush under the eyes to prevent the concealer creasing (I use either Urban Decay’s powder £24.00 or Collection’s finishing loose powder £2.99)
- I then do my brows – I use either Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow in Soft Brown (£15) with an angled brush and brush it through, or I use a brow pencil which fills in my brows super quick, I either use Liz Earle’s brow pencil in fair (cruelty free and £11) or Benefit’s Goof Proof pencil in medium (£20.00). To be honest this depends on the time of year and how light or dark my hair is looking.
- Pop a thick coating of mascara on. I love Benefit’s Rollerlash (£20.50) or MAC’s Extreme Dimension Lash (£19.00)
- Pop on a bit of bronzey blush (sounds contradictory but I mean a copper/nude tone blush) I like to use MAC’s Coppertone (£18.50) or Liz Earle’s Nude (£16.50).
- And finally, swipe on a lipstick that makes you feel good – my favourite for walking around campus is Secret Salma from Charlotte Tilbury (£21) or a MAC Classic like Velvet Teddy (£15.50). I also LOVE the NYX matte creams too – my favs are Monte Carlo and Stockholm (£5.50 each)
It seems like a long-winded process, but I promise you, this is achievable in minutes!
Here’s to being too lazy to wear foundation!!